Embassy is considered the bridge between the government of the host country and the counterpart of the embassy owner. And it is the same for Vietnam embassy in South Africa. If you wonder which work you can do there, the following information can be of some help.
1. Getting Vietnam visa
The processing time is five (05) working days since the Embassy receives the complete application documents. However, RUSH service can be requested for 02 working days or less (please contact the Embassy for a quotation).
How to apply for a VISA
Vietnamese VISA can be applied for in person, by mail or through an authorized representative (such as a courier with a letter of authorization) at the Embassy of Vietnam in South Africa (87 Brooks street, Brooklyn, Pretoria 0181) up to 1 year prior to the date of entry into Vietnam.
Required documentation for Visa application:
- Completed visa application form (download on website of the embassy)
- Original passport (with 6 months validity from date of return)
- 01 (one) ID photo (color)
- flight booking and
- Proof of payment for visa fee
All documents need to be properly authenticated by the Department of International Relations and Cooperation of South Africa, or the notary Offices in SA. Only then will the documents be legalized in turn by the Embassy of Vietnam in South Africa.
You need to submit:
- Original documents
- Photocopies of the above documents to be retained by the Embassy
It takes 05 working days to process your application, excluding posting time. However, RUSH service can be requested for 02 working days or less.
3. Birth Certificate
A Vietnamese Birth Certificate is granted to a child:
- born of two married Vietnamese citizens
- One of the parents is a Vietnamese citizen and the other is a stateless person
- Mother is a Vietnamese citizen and father is unknown
Required documents include:
- Application Form for Birth Certificate. For late applications, please download form
- Photocopies of the parents’ passports
- Photocopy of marriage certificate
- Photocopy of birth record by the hospital
For a child born of a Vietnamese citizen and a foreign citizen, the foreign parent needs to submit a declaration stating his/her acceptance that the child may carry Vietnamese citizenship
Processing Time: 05 working days, excluding the posting time. However, RUSH service can be requested for 02 working days.
This information is taken from http://www.vietnam.co.za/index.php/consular-services.
Here we would like to add 1 tip for Vietnam-visa. For South African citizens and residents, in addition to obtain the visa via the embassy, they can obtain it online. It is called visa on arrival. With this kind of visa, they have no work to do with the embassy at all, just complete the online form for visa approval letter, pay for service fee, get the letter via email within 2 working days (or faster if you wish) and then get visa stamped upon arrival at Vietnam airport. But please keep in mind this way is for those traveling to Vietnam by air only.
For more information, you can see at https://vietnam-visa.co.za/.