Visa is perhaps the very first thing that all travelers seek for information whenever they travel to any country. And travelers to Vietnam are not exception. There are nationals who are exempted from Vietnam visa for a certain period of time, but there are those who must obtain a visa beforehand. And Indian citizens fall on the latter case. However, obtaining a Vietnam visa for Portuguese citizens are not a headache as they may have two ways to get visa to the country: obtaining visa at a local Vietnam embassy or obtaining a visa on arrival. Regardless of which option you choose, you will get a valid visa, which is your ultimate aim.
Following are a few major differences between getting a visa via embassy and visa on arrival:
1. Issuing unit:
- To get hold of visa by applying it from the Vietnam embassy in Portugal, the visa issuing unit in this case is the embassy.
- Visa on arrival is issued by Vietnam Immigration Department.
2. Processing time:
While time to get visa processed by Vietnam Embassy is 4 to 5 working days, it is just 1 or 2 working days to get visa processed by Vietnam Immigration Department.
3. Visa Procedure
– To get a visa issued by Vietnam Embassy, you will need to:
- Travel to the embassy to submit visa application form, original passport and other documents;
- Come back home to wait for visa processed;
- Travel back to the embassy to pick up visa and passport.
– It does not requires any travel forth and back when applying for a visa on arrival. It is obtained as follows:
- Submit online application form and make payment of service fee online.
- Get visa approval letter via email.
- Get visa stamped upon arrival at Vietnam airport.
Vietnam visa on arrival is considered to be a convenient method of procuring visa in comparison to getting visa by embassy and is a lot better for all Indian residents who do not stay near to the embassy.
However, please keep in mind that while all can use Vietnam-visa issued by embassy, visa on arrival is for those traveling to Vietnam by air only.