The article below summarizes the information you need to know about Vietnamese consulate locations as well as the functions and structure of Vietnamese consulates in the foreign countries.
The organizational structure
Some representations have consular offices and other agencies have a consular section. Members of the consulate include the heads of the diplomatic missions, diplomatic officers, consular officers and staff members of the mission.
The head of the mission (The general consulate) is responsible to the President, the Prime Minister and the Minister for Foreign Affairs for all activities of the agency, including consular work and may authorize the chief of a consular office or a diplomatic or consular officer to perform certain consular functions.
The consular function of Vietnamese consulates
- To manage and statistically count all citizens and conduct the registration of Vietnamese citizens in the consular area.
- To carry out the legal protection and representation of Vietnamese citizens and legal entities in the consular area.
- To help and protect Vietnam citizens who are in the cases of being arrested, detained, detained, imprisoned or otherwise subject to any form of free restriction.
- To grant the passports to Vietnamese citizens and issue of Vietnam visas to foreigners.
- To conduct the civil status registration (marriage registration, birth registration, death certificates, child adoption registration, etc.).
- To carry out the notarization, legalization and consular certification
- To perform inheritance work related to Vietnamese citizens.
- To perform the tasks of nationality (participating in the settlement of procedures for applying, resignation, restoration of Vietnamese nationality, deprivation of Vietnamese nationality, granting of certificates of Vietnamese nationality; confirmation of Vietnamese nationality, etc.).
- To perform consular functions related to seagoing vessels, aircraft and other means of transportation (certifying maritime protests, handle cases of Vietnamese vessels and fishermen being arrested or missing in the sea; applying for licensing procedures for seagoing ships, aircraft of Vietnam and foreign countries).
- To educate patriotic citizens, to respect Vietnamese law and local laws, support for the cultural activities and education of citizens and mobilize to help citizens in trouble.
- To perform consular functions for the prevention and protection of plants.
The list of Vietnamese consulate locations
Vietnam has the total of 22 consulates in all over the world. The below is the list of Vietnamese consulate locations:
Name of Consulate General of Vietnam
Vietnamese consulate locations
|Consulate General of Vietnam in Perth (Australia)||8th Floor, No.16, St.Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000|
|Consulate General of Vietnam in Sydney (Australia)||Suite 205, level 2, Edgecliff Centre 203 – 233 New South Head Road, Edgecliff, NSW 2027|
|Consulate General of Vietnam in Batambang (Cambodia)||Road No.3, Batambang province, CAMBODIA|
|Consulate General of Vietnam in Shihanoukville (Cambodia)||310, Ekareach Street, Mittapheap District, Sihanouk Province|
|Consulate General of Vietnam in Guangzhou (China)||2nd floor, Hotel Landmark B Building North, Qiaoguang Rd. (Haizhu square), Guangzhou, CHINA|
|Consulate General of Vietnam in Hongkong (China)||15/F, Great Smart Tower, 230 Wan Chai Road, Wan Chai, HONG KONG, CHINA|
|Consulate General of Vietnam in Kunming (China)
|Room 507, Hong Ta Mansion, No 155, Beijing Road, Kunming|
|Consulate General of Vietnam in Nanning (China)||27th floor Yahang Wealth Center, No55, Jinhu Road, Nanning|
|Consulate General of Vietnam in Shanghai (China)||3F, Huachen financial mansion. No 900, Pudong Ave, Shanghai|
|Consulate General of Vietnam in Mumbai (India)
|B-306 Oberoi Chamber New Link Road Andheri (w), Mumbai 400 053, India|
|Consulate General of Vietnam in Osaka (Japan)||4-2-15 Ichinocho Higashi, Sakai-ku, Sakai-shi, Osaka 590-0952|
|Consulate General of Vietnam in Fukuoka (Japan)||4th Floor, AQUA HAKATA, 5-3-8 Nakasu, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka, JAPAN 810-08|
|Consulate General of Vietnam in Luangprabang (Laos)||No. 427-428, That BoSot village, Luang Prabang Town, Luang Prabang Province|
|Consulate General of Vietnam in Pakse (Laos)||31 Rd, Pakse Town, Champasak Province|
|Consulate General of Vietnam in Savanakhet (Laos)||118, Sisavangvong Road, Kayson Phomvihan Town, Savannakhet Province|
|Consulate General of Vietnam in Khonkaen (Thailand)||65/6 Chatapadung, Khonkaen 40000, THAILAND|
|Consulate General of Vietnam in Frankfurt (Germany)||Villa Hanoi, Kennedy-Allee 49, 60596 Frankfurt/M|
|Consulate General of Vietnam in Karla Libknhesta (Russia)||620075, City Ekateringburg, Str. Karla Libknhesta, 22. Office 411|
|Consulate General of Vietnam in Vladivostok (Russia)||107/1, Pushkinskaya Street,Vladivostok, Russia|
|Consulate General of Vietnam in Vancouver (Canada)
|#800-605 Robson street, Vancouver, B.C. V6B5J3, Canada|
|Consulate General of Vietnam in San Francisco (USA)||1700 California St, Suite 580 San Francisco, CA 94109|
|Consulate General of Vietnam in Houston – Texas (USA)||5251 Westheimer road, Houston, Texas
We hope that all the above information will be helpful for you. If you have any question, please contact us for more information!