As a Thai citizen, you can stay in Vietnam for a maximum of 30 days without visa. However, if you want to stay for a longer time, or the arrival date of this time falling within 30 days from the exit date of your last visit in Vietnam, you must apply for Visa.
There are 2 ways of getting a visa to Vietnam for Thailand citizens including getting visa in person at Embassy of Vietnam, or applying for Vietnam Visa on Arrival.
1. Applying for visa at Vietnam Embassy:
This is a traditional way of getting a Vietnam visa which is highly recommended if you plan to enter Vietnam by sea or land. Currently, there is an Embassy of Vietnam in Bangkok and a Consulate in Khonkhaen. The address and detailed contact is mentioned as follow:
Embassy of Vietnam in Bangkok, Thailand
- Address: 83/1 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, THAILAND
- Phone: +66-2-515836/7/8 | +66-2-2517202 | +66-2-2513552
- Fax: +66-2-2517203
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: http://www.vietnamembassy-thailand.org
Consulate General of Vietnam in Khonkhaen, Thailand
- Address: 65/6 Chatapadung, Khonkaen 40000, THAILAND
- Phone: (66) 4324 2190
- Fax: (66) 4324 1154
- Email: [email protected]
To apply for Vietnam visa from Thailand in this way, you have to come in person at Vietnamese Embassy.
- Firstly, filling in an online form with required information including your full name, date of birth, arrival date, etc. Please, be aware you must fill in the field with (*). Then print it out, write down your name and attach 01 passport-size photo.
- In normal cases, it will take you from 4 to 5 business days to receive full visa stamped already stick on original passport.
- The total cost for visa application at Vietnam Embassy will include:
- Visa approval arrangement fee
- Processing fee
- Shipping fee
- Handling and expedite fee (in urgent cases)
- This type of application is applied for visitors coming to Vietnam by any forms of transportation including air, land and sea.
- If you want to apply for Vietnam Business visa, you are required to ask the company for sponsorship documents.
2. Vietnam Visa on Arrival
In comparison to Visa application at Embassy, Vietnam Visa on Arrival show advantages in terms of time, cost and transparency. If you want to visit Vietnam by air, this will be the best option.
The online procedure comprises 3 simple steps:
- Completing online application form with required information including your full name, date of birth, date of arrival, number of applicants, etc.
- After that, visa approval letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Department will be sent to you after 1 or 2 business days after making payment for service fee by Credit/ Debit Card via OnePay/PayPal or Western Union.
- Finally, you will get your visa stamped at the international airport you arrive at. Please bring along necessary document including your valid passport, printed visa application form, stamping fee. There are now 5 international airports in Vietnam for you to get visa stamp in Hanoi, Hai Phong, Cam Ranh, Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh city.
The total cost for service only includes 2 items as compared to several items at Embassy. Visa service cost will vary in accordance to your visa type, number of applicants, and urgency:
Relating to processing time, you will be likely to receive Visa Approval Letter after 2 business days (in normal cases) or 1 business day (in urgent cases) instead of 5 days with visa application at Embassy. If you apply for business visa, the whole procedure will take a longer time (from 2 to 7 working days).
Here suggests a trusted website for applying for this kind of visa: https://www.vietnam-visa.com, which includes a separate page dedicated to Vietnam visa in Thailand at https://www.vietnam-visa.com/how-to-apply-vietnam-visa-in-thailand/.
- VOA is now available for visitors who intend to enter Vietnam by air, visitors entering by other ways please go to Embassy to do apply for one.
- Please double check with your passport to ensure you provide us correct information. We do not bear responsibility for any incidents caused by your mistake.
- Ensure that your passport has at least 6 months of validity and 02 blank pages for visa stamp.
- The issuing unit of VOA is Vietnam Immigration Department, therefore, you can feel totally secured about its validity.
If you have any trouble when getting Vietnam Visa, please contact feel free to leave us a comment here. Wish you all an enjoyable trip to Vietnam.