This is very important news for US citizens planning a trip to Vietnam. As updated by Vietnam-visa.com which is an expert in Vietnam visa for travelers in general and for US travelers in particular with promptly updated news regarding visa to Vietnam, all holders of US Passport as of August 30, 2016 can get 1-year multiple entry visa to Vietnam ONLY.
This is announcement of the Vietnam Immigration Department following the successful commitment of the US Government and its counterpart of Vietnam to improve the bilateral relationship by expanding trade and economic opportunities and developing people-to-people links.
Accordingly, when this policy came into force, the other types of visa, consisting of 1-month single/multiple entry visa, 3-month single/multiple entry visa and 6-month multiple entry visa is no longer available for US travelers to Vietnam. All must apply for 1-year multiple entry visa regardless of their length of stay in Vietnam.
And going along with this policy, all US citizens using visa on arrival to Vietnam will need to pay US$135 as stamping fee at Vietnam airport to get visa stamped onto their passport. This is much higher for those who just wish to stay in Vietnam for a few days.
*Further important remarks:
– This applies to US Citizens only.
– Purpose of visit: Tourism or Business
– US passports holders can stay maximum for 3 months. Then, they must exit Vietnam and come bank again with a new 3 months of staying, until the expiry date of your 1 year Visa.
– US Citizens can stay up to 3 months for each visit to Vietnam. After each three months, if they would like to stay more, they are required exit and come back again by air or by land until their visa expires.
– Stamping fee for Vietnam visa on arrival for US Citizens is US$ 135.00.